Set to deliver their first vehicles this summer, electric vehicle upstart Rivian has updated their accessories and options to give pre-order holders and new customers the ability to equip their trucks for more overland capability. One nice touch: All vehicles now come with an onboard air compressor as standard equipment. And their Camp Kitchen option gets a Snow Peak Kitchen Set!
The big change here isn’t that a new off-road package is available. It’s that that option has been de-selected from all pre-orders, and you’ll now have to add it back to your list of options if you want it. Why? Rivian says their trucks are plenty capable for most people’s intended use, so they can chop $2,000 off the price for those who don’t need that. And if you do, just check the box and it’ll be added back.
What is the Rivian Off-Road Package?
Pretty simple, really, it’s just a reinforced underbody shield, and the addition to dual front tow hooks. Expensive, yes, but fully integrated and they match the look of the truck very nicely. If you want more offroad capability built into your financing, they have three offroad wheel-and-tire options (+$1,800 to +$3,500 depending on rim) that downsize the 21″ rims to 20″ rims, but add taller all-terrain tires that add about an inch of ground clearance.
Rivian Off-Road & Adventure Upgrades
Besides the tougher undercarriage, hooks, and tires, Off-Road and Adventure upgrade options now include:
- Roof top tent (Yakima, branded with Rivan +$2,650)
- Cargo Crossbars (included with Tent, or +$450)
- Bike, Kayak, SUP, Snowboard/Ski mounts (all Yakima, from +200 each)
- Off-Road Recovery Kit (8’/30′ recovery strap, soft hooks, hitch link/pin, etc. +$600)
- Field Kit (complete first aid kit plus survival kit, fits inside passenger door +$150)
- 20′ Air Hose (for compressor, includes various adapters +$60)
- Gear Tunnel Shuttle (slide out tray with power outlets +$1,500)
- Camp Kitchen w/ Grill (includes Gear Tunnel Shuttle, see below)
The Camp Kitchen x Snow Peak add on is gorgeous, and runs you $5,000. It includes a 1,440 watt dual-burner induction cooktop, with a smooth, easy-to-clean surface; 4-gallon water tank with pump; and (for now) an amazingly complete kitchen set with coffee grinder and drip maker, kettle, cookware, silverware, etc.
The Snow Peak Kitchen Set is included at no charge, but only for a limited time. So, um…act fast?
Disclosure: Some of these links are affiliate links that may earn us a small commission if you click on them and buy something. This helps support our work here without costing you anything extra.